Yesterday, while I was prepping my meals for the week, I realized that I had only two chicken thighs left in the freezer! I was already halving the chicken thigh recipe I posted yesterday, but didn’t want to chance halving it again.
Instead, I finally made this Crockpot Chicken with Brussels Sprouts for lunches for the week. It sounded so bland; but it actually turned out pretty well. As long as I took the opportunity to Season It Already!, it would be just fine. I added some more S&P and sprinkled on a little shredded parmesan cheese. I am no longer hesitant to cook frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot!
As of late, I’ve been receiving several lists of Kitchen Hacks in my inbox. You wouldn’t believe how many of these things can change your life!
Here are a few of my favorites that I already use:
- Whacking a garlic clove with the side of a chef’s knife to remove the paper
- Peel hardboiled eggs quickly and easily by shaking them in a lidded pot
- De-crystallize honey by putting your honey bear into a cup/bowl of hot water like I did here
- Freeze fresh garlic to have it on hand anytime
- Remove the smell of onions or garlic from your hands with lemon juice
- Freeze leftover fresh spinach before it goes bad – perfect for smoothies!
Here are a few that I’m looking forward to trying:
- Putting a rubberband around a lid to open a jar
- Coat a measuring cup or spoon with hot water or a dab of cooking oil/spray before measuring sticky substances like honey.
- Make butter spread in a pinch by grating it or putting it in a plastic bag and flattening it with a rolling pin.
- Prevent pots from boiling over by putting a wooden spoon over the top.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or foil when roasting to make clean-up a snap (Sounds obvious, but I haven’t done it!)
And finally, here are the links to all of the Kitchen Tips and Tricks I’ve been reading. Enjoy!
- 20 Kitchen Tips and Tricks
- 40+ Favorite Kitchen Tips & Tricks
- 73 Kitchen Hacks to Save Time, Get Organized and Stay Sane!
- Banana Bread in a Crockpot
- Healthy Microwave Recipes
What are your favorite kitchen tricks or tips?