I can’t believe all my life I haven’t been eating broccoli, because I hated it! But now I am. Rob is so happy that I’ve been making it on a pretty regular basis!
Last week, I made Blackened Pork Chops and served them with a side of Sauteed Broccoli. Roasted Broccoli is my go-to; but when something is already in the oven, I feel like I need to cook the side on the stove for timing’s sake!
Writing this post is purely selfish, so I can save the method to my recipe arsenal!
(Serves 2 – 3)
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into medium florets
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Garlic Dip
- 1 cup stock or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan
- Heat oil in a large pan sprayed with olive oil.
- Add broccoli and saute for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add garlic dip and saute for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly to distribute evenly.
- Add 1 cup stock and continue to saute over medium heat until broccoli is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. (About 10 more minutes.)
- Season broccoli with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded parmesan and serve immediately.
Note: Alternatively, you can omit the garlic dip or just serve it on the side for dipping!
Next challenge: I’m going to try steaming broccoli with this method.
What is your favorite broccoli preparation?
Recipe sharing encouraged!