If you don’t live in Minnesota and weren’t celebrating MN Craft Beer Week last week, you can celebrate American Craft Beer Week this week!
In honor of American Craft Beer Week, I thought I’d share with you my personal favorite craft brew right now. It comes out of this brewery in Wisconsin:
Talk about craft brewing, eh?! You’ve seen Central Waters Brewing before on this blog, when I wrote about barleywine.
It’s not always easy to find Central Waters beers in Minnesota, but they do distribute here. So when I saw both of these available at the same time, I decided to pick both…
And do a little side-by-side tasting…
But then I realized rob had a leftover bottle of this…
So we had to do a little tasting of all three.
Let me just say that ALL of these beers are absolutely extraordinary.
There is one that wins out for me, but only by a narrow margin.
Yes, the Central Waters Brewer’s Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout from Amherst, Wisconsin is my favorite American Craft Beer right now.
I need to take a brewery road trip.
And now it’s time for….
- Monday – San Marzano Tomato Pasta
- Tuesday – Dinner either in or out – TBD – with a friend
- Wednesday – Andouille Sausage with Red Beans & Rice and Creole Roasted Veggies
- Thursday – Chops with Butter Sauce and Pesto Green Beans
- Friday – Cheeseburger Wrap at Carbone’s – It’s our Final Poker Tournament and I am so lucky to have snagged a seat at the Final Table!
- Saturday – 5k Race – Yes, we signed up for a 5k the morning after our Final Poker Tournament. Crazy? Probably. Brunch afterward – I’m guessing here.
- Sunday – TBD
- Leftovers – We’ll have a lot this week!
- Snacks – fruit, nuts and dark chocolate
We completed Couch to 5k – Week 8 last week. I haven’t run a full 5k in a year and a half. I thought about trying one on tonight, but fear I’ll wear myself out for Saturday’s race. Runners, thoughts on this one? I can do a shorter run on Wednesday and rest Thursday and Friday.
- Monday – Run – 5k
- Tuesday – Yoga
- Wednesday – Run – 2mi? 20 min? Not sure if I want to do a time or distance run.
- Thursday – REST
- Friday – REST
- Saturday – Challenge Obesity 5k Race
- Sunday – Yoga
What is your favorite craft beer right now?