This past weekend, I made an impromptu visit to see my friend Stacy. While there, Stacy was kind enough to help me get my sushi fix!
I was delighted that my visit included not only going to one of the painting classes with which I’ve been obsessed, but also that it was a fundraiser for Stacy’s daughter’s school.
There was an excellent turn-out.
Stacy made painting one-handed look like a breeze. But the cast on her broken arm did make for great shadow entertainment on her canvas. E.T., anyone?
And a couple of hours and glasses of wine later, this:
Wait? Who set Stacy’s hand on fire?!!
So what’s on tap this week? Well, first I think I should share a dish I made last week with all of you. Because sometimes I get ideas for meals or snacks when people post what they’ve eaten. I’m sharin’ the love. I’ve definitely gotten some great ideas from these gals.
Last week, I made this Bacon and Blue Cheese Mac & Cheese for the first time. I really wanted to make my husband swooooooon! I knew it was high-cal, so I separated into six servings instead of the suggested 3 – 4. I dished up our meals into his and hers servings:
His was topped with a little extra bacon and blue cheese crumbles. Hers was a slightly smaller portion served over a bed of spinach and topped with chopped tomatoes. The only trouble I had making this dish is that it was really runny. And if there is anything Rob despises, it is a runny sauce! I tried to let it sit, but it was starting to get cold; so I popped it back on the heat and slowly stirred in some corn starch. That seemed to do the trick.
Rob went absolutely nuts over this dish.
He said he’d order it in a restaurant any day and that it’s probably the best mac and cheese he’s ever had! I wouldn’t go that far. It was great, but I’m not a huge bacon-in-my-food lover. Yes, I just said that. I’m an alien to this planet.
I’m trying to incorporate more meals into our routine that Rob will love and just serve smaller portions, rather than trying to make healthy things he gets bored with or just doesn’t want to eat.
We had a couple free plates coming, so we are trying Plated again this week. To read my Plated review, click here. If you want to give it a try yourself, click my referral link, to get two free plates yourself!
Now for this week:
- Monday – Fontina Polenta with Roasted Spring Vegetables from Plated. Meatless Monday! We were originally going to go with the amazing Grilled Cheese concoction with the chickpea-tomato salad, but they were sold out by the time I placed the order. Lesson learned!
- Tuesday – Lemongrass Pork with Vermicelli Noodles from Plated.
- Wednesday – Beer and Beef Risotto. Hey, I made Rob soooo happy with the Blue Cheese and Bacon Mac & Cheese last week, that I thought I’d go with another combo of things my husband loves: Beer, Beef and Risotto. Crossing our fingers it rocks his world just as much!
- Thursday – Leftovers
- Friday – Family in Town
- Saturday – Family in Town
- Sunday – Family in Town
- Poorman’s Caprese
- Quick & Easy Bowls – This week:
- Snacks – mandarins or bananas, nuts and dark chocolate
- Monday – RUN: Couch to 5k – Week 5, Day 1
- Tuesday – Recumbent Bike/Yoga
- Wednesday – RUN: Couch to 5k – Week 5, Day 2
- Thursday – Recumbent Bike/Yoga
- Friday – REST
- Saturday – RUN: Couch to 5k – Week 5, Day 3
- Sunday – REST
What is your favorite twist on Mac and Cheese?