I’d love to say that I’m taking my own advice this summer.
But I had a bit of a standstill – the summertime blues, if you will. I’m not sure what that even means. I just know that I was a little down and knew I shouldn’t be. I became angry with myself because I knew I was wasting away the summer! It was a vicious cycle.
So, now, as my friends in education talk about going back to school, I realize that summer will end before I know it. It’s time to soak up every last minute.
I had been collecting links to share with you at the beginning of summer. I was attempting to create the…
Well, better late than never!
But first, you have to read Why Summers are The Best in Minnesota.
Now here are a few more things to do in MSP before the snow falls…
- Minneapolis Patios – I love sitting outdoors and having a cocktail, a meal or conversation with friends. Get a list of the best ones here.
- Twin Cities Food Truck Guide – Food Truck fare doesn’t have to be greasy. Look around for some unique, gourmet fare without the gourmet prices.
- Outdoor Movies – Many cities play outdoor movies throughout the summer. Here is a list of those in Minneapolis, put together by Thrillist. Try to catch one of the last few!
- Taproom Tours by Bike – I had envisioned taking a Nice Ride bike around Minneapolis exploring this summer; but I don’t think time will permit at this point. At least I have this list for next year!
- Irish Fair – This is a free event that happens in St. Paul every year – this weekend! I am looking forward to watching a little hurling and seeing one of our favorite bands, Gaelic Storm.
- The Great Minnesota Get Together – And lastly, we have the big event that signals the end of summer for nearly all Minnesotans: The Minnesota State Fair. Here’s a look at the new foods you can expect “on a stick” this year.
Do you have an end of the summer ritual?
How do you plan to soak up the remaining bits of summer?
Pingback: Fantasy Draft Friday – 2014 | Season It Already!
Pingback: On Saying, “No.” | Season It Already!